Monday 9 August 2010

Caroline visits Royal International

It has been a busy past month with all the showjumpers. I took four horses to Royal International Horse Show for the week, which was a very successful show. I took Ria a 4 yr old 16.2 chestnut mare, Wendy (didn't name her!!!!!) a 7 yr old grey dutch mare, Chester a 7 yr old Irish chestnut gelding who is on the Equine Pathway 2012 Potential squad and little Dinky a 15.3 5 yr old Darco mare who unfortunately jumped too big in all her photos as my head was missing...... They all were very consistent and winning rosettes whilst moving up a level! The bigger the ring the more they had fun! Wendy who has only been with me one week jumped clear and was in the ribbons every day and therefore had various fans including show rider Robert Walker who was stables next to us (i also managed to pick up a few tips for my girls from his grooms on how they get the show horses that shiny!) It was a fantastic show with Great Britain winning the Super League Nations Cup and then my trainer Tim Stockdale winning the King George Gold Cup on Frankie a horse i rode whilst based there earlier this year.... i was very proud!!!


I am just back from the warm up show at Addington Manor for the Young Horse Championships where Ria won the 4 yr old class which fills me with confidence for the final in a few weeks! I hope I can come back with some of the big prize money on offer there!

Thankfully the horses are all fit, well and shiny. I will keep you updated on Wendys condition as she arrived a fussy eater and a little under condition, but going on how fantastic the rest of the yard looks i am sue she will catch up in no time.

Speak soon


Caroline xx

No comments:

Post a Comment