Friday 3 December 2010

A good month for the babies

Hi everyone!

I finally have the big ponies up and running at shows and I can definitely say they are pleased to be back in business!!

Wendy

Wendy (a new 7 year old who was a fussy eater when she joined the team) did two international shows in France. Slightly daunting as having only ridden her in the ring a handful of times and never jumped indoors let alone step her up a level or two...but surprise surprise she rose to the occasion and was a star! She jumped in a 3* CSI is St Low and a 2* in Caen. Both were incredible shows and had lower down consistent placings - not too shabby for a 7 year old.

Chester

I brought Chester (also a 7 year old) slowly back into work this autumn and it has paid off as he is fit, sound and feels better than ever! He did a few 1.25 classes to get back in the game and jumped clear in every class. I then took him to a couple of "Welcome to Yorkshire" (formally the British Open) Grade C 1m35 qualifiers and again jumped double clear - but not fast enough as I didn't want to push him too hard. Wendy and Chester qualified classes at each show and have not had a fence down in 6 shows...

The babies

Dinky (5 year old) finished this season with her foxhunter double clears so is enjoying time in the field (but coming in a night as she too much of a princess to live out!)

Ria (4 year old) has just come back in from her holiday and I have started her off on WE Condition at this early stage of coming back into work. I always try and start the young ones off again as if being broken after a long break. I have started to lunge her in side reins and draw reins loosely. She looks well but incredibly fresh, so if you all don't hear from me for a while, call for help! Hopefully if she settles down I will continue with her fitness work on the lunge and the horse walker and start hacking her out trotting and cantering up hills.

I will be doing local shows till New Year then will probably be off training for a month before heading off of a tour to Portugal or France for 4-6 weeks...

Until then, Merry Chritmas and Happy New Year!

Caroline x

No comments:

Post a Comment